— Volcanoes —
from magma to ashes to fertile soil
No one remains unmoved at the sight of a volcano. They command respect as they rise seemingly peacefully and majestically from the landscape. But everybody knows beauty can turn into terror, and as sure as they have erupted in the past, they will do so again in the future. For any active volcano, there is always that single, burning question: When will it erupt and what impact will it have?
- Volcanoes, plastic and mafia in the Gulf of Naples: the three heads of Cerberus.
- Tonga, large eruptions and climate cooling.
- Geology and dangers of La Palma.
- La Palma: the announced eruption of Cumbre Vieja.
- The 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens.
- Etna volcano: an explosive start for 2021.
- Campi Flegrei: supervolcano of Europe.