- Humanity -
Who are we?
Who are we and where did we come from? In these articles, we talk about humans throughout history, how human and natural history are intertwined, and humans as part of the earth and ecosystems. Some articles are about great civilizations, others about evolution, the wanderings of our forebears, our closest relatives, remarkable people, culture, and our place in and impact on the natural world.
- Vulcanoes, plastic and mafia in the Gulf of Naples: the three heads of Cerberus.
- Meeting Jane Goodall: an unlikely encounter.
- Plastic eruption in the Gulf of Naples.
- Tree-of-heaven dilemma: a successful species in a deforested world.
- Planetary boundaries: a safe world for humans?
- Lapis lazuli: via the Silk Road to the pharaohs.
- Lapis lazuli: from Tutankhamun to the Taliban.
- Machu Picchu: the Incas chose this ridge for its geology.
- The East African Rift: a belt of natural wonders.