— Majestic Monuments —
Monuments and treasures, built for eternity
Monuments, sculptures and art treasures from ancient and later times have inspired travelers, artists, wanderers, dreamers and pilgrims throughout (pre)history. But what do these human fabrications consist of? What raw materials and building blocks were used and how were they traded and worked?
- Carrara marble: from the seafloor floor to Michelangelo's workshop.
- The worlds of Narnia: the geology of a movie location.
- The geology of Machu Picchu: Inca citadel of the Andes.
- Colors of time: geological villages north of Madrid.
- Lapis lazuli: via the Silk Road to Tutankhamun.
- Lapis lazuli: from Tutankhamun to the taliban.